Reflection Paper: What Is It And How To Write
A reflection paper is a frequent task for college students. Regardless of a subject, it requires expressing a student’s opinion about some source. It should have an official manner of speaking, expose a personal point of view, and provide personal examples. It helps to improve analytical thinking, ways of explanation. The thoughts expressing must be clear, understandable for a reader with any level of knowledge in the subject.
There are three sorts of reflection paper:
- educational (feedback about paperwork, media file, or conference);
- professional (studying or working science papers);
- personal (private impressions in a specific matter).
A writer should possess good writing and critical skills. It is the opportunity to express your thoughts regarding an issue. Therefore, write it easy considering as a chance for speaking your mind, looking at things with a personal point of view, and sharing an opinion with others. It is a useful type of work for the studying process and private way of self-understanding as well. So, do your best to amaze your audience.
During the studying course, students collapse with this academic paper on different subjects. Therefore, it is better to know how to do this correctly to use this knowledge for various sciences. Let’s discuss it in detail.
Reflection Paper Structure
A reflection paper consists of three parts:
- Introduction. Here you must specify which issue you are reflecting. It must include a concrete thesis (two-three sentences that transmit the clue argument or statement toward the subject). Indicate the source you are reflecting upon (a lecture, a book, etc.). Write a brief overview of your work.
- Body chapters. The writer is supposed to examine the ideas, thoughts, and experiences reached during working with this topic. Each body chapter must include a specific statement and start with a topic sentence. Using a quotation is highly recommended. These give readers the feeling that a writer is well familiar with the source. You should feel free describing what you have read, seen, or attended, and to tell your impressions about it. That is the main idea of this academic paper.
- The summarizing. The final part where a writer tells the main concluding the experience. A writer concentrates on newfound knowledge that has made an influence on the general understanding. Feelings and impressions that come as a result of the work with the source material are appreciated. Come back to the statement and make sure that it is proven.
Usually, a reflection paper does not require any specific format. Professors are interested to know the opinion. Therefore, students are allowed to speak it the most conformable way. In some cases, the format standards are still necessary. The words amount us usually from 250 to 750.
Thinking of a project, select the theme that impressed you most of all. To catch the reader’s attention, that should be something unusual and memorable. Do not leave your paper for the last day. Best of all is taking a break while writing a day or so. It helps to keep the thoughts clear, generate new ideas and reflections, and write without a rush. People who wrote an essay all at once rarely demonstrate perfect results.
Here is the list of several writing suggestions:
- The main topic. After you determine the theme that you will work with, write a short overview of the exploring. You should transmit your general feelings about the matter and the argument you are discussing in your work. The purpose is to catch the interest of the audience and tell them shortly what kind of understanding they will listen to or read.
- Outstanding context. Amaze the listeners by your experience. Tell what has impressed you. Be maximally clear and precise, explaining without ink-horn terms your thoughts and feelings.
- Connect your data, experience, and point of view. These should not look like a numeration in the text. It must be a chain of knowledge that you want to share.
You can use different suggestions but do not forget about your style. That makes your work outstanding and unique. Do not exceed the limit of words amounts. Highly likely, that will be unnecessary information, so use only the relevant ones. Using simple language, do not forget that you are writing an official paper, so speak as a professional.
Reflection Paper on a Book
Writing reflection on a book, concentrate on your thought and impressions open the read source. Exclude from your reflection paper mixed observations of other people, mentioning your private thoughts only.
The general structure is a standard one for all reflection papers. If you are stuck with some questions about the body chapters, you can always apply for advice to your professor or scientific leader.
Writing the text for a book reflection paper, you can use these questions to answer:
- how did the experience affect you socially and emotionally?
- how understandable was it? Are there any questions left after reading?
- how are the ideas from the book are connected?
- were any essential issues in the book?
Answer your questions wisely. It will help to put your thoughts in order before writing.
Reflection Paper on an Interview
Those who write a reflection paper on an interview may use this guide:
- Choose the theme and get familiar with who your interviewer is.
- Research questions on the chosen topic, make the notes that help to focus on specific points of the conversation.
- Conduct the interview, write down the notes.
- Organize your data and sort out the information thoroughly. Perhaps, positive one should go first, and some negative experience to follow, and so on.
- Create a logical chain of facts. 5—paragraph forms is the most successful one since it includes an intriguing introduction, the body with detailed data, research experience, and a meaningful conclusion. The last chord should be impressive.
Feel free to mention the fact that you like and do not. Be maximally open in your reflection.
Critical Reflection Paper
A critical reflection paper or a critical essay is an accusing way of reflection upon the course materials. It bases on comparing the theories, establishing the causes, identifying difficulties, and their core. Its main goal is to change the way of thinking about a subject.
Critical reflection consists of two phases:
- Analyzing: means estimating the issue and its role by asking leading questions. Freewriting is appropriate at this stage, calm down about the rightness of chapters.
- Determination: analyzing and creating a clear argument received in the experience.
A famous template for analyzing is the free stage questioning:
- what? It includes the stage, description of an issue, and its role, reflecting on it. It helps a writer to determine with private views. Also, a writer may use such questions as what happened? What then? What were the expectations? What appeared to be different? Which was the reaction? What is knowledge?
- so what? The stage of deep realizing why the issue is meaningful. Consider the problem from different directions. While using several source materials, use notes before the writing.
- now what? Here you should notice the future thinking and behavior basing on the received knowledge. The core questions are: what are you supposed to do next? How is the author going to apply the results?
Then built a well-defined and precise argument.
If You Need Help With Writing
Students who need professional help in writing a reflection paper or another academic type of work are welcome to apply to our company. The professional team will write an essay for you within strict deadlines. Our experienced writers can handle the topic on any subject.
We provide original works only, without plagiarism. The customer’s privacy is the top priority. Nobody can disclose any personal information. We do our best to match the customer’s requirements. Before confirming the work, you will receive a draft that you should affirm. We can edit it several times according to your wishes. If you do not like the project we send, you can get your money back.
Stay in touch with our customer support and control the writing process. If you have any question, feel free to contact.
Allow us assist you in studying or professional path, and you won’t be disappointed! Affordable pricing politics and releasing you from the paper routine are what you get among your essay. Non-English speakers will enjoy our native-speakers’ writers and should not worry anymore about the correctness of the language. All our order works are edited and proofread without hidden costs.
We are proud to say that we have helped thousands of students from all over the globe. Easy your stress and get a good grade with our company! We improve the quality of our services all the time, do not hesitate to send us your wishes and proposals for your better and more pleasurable customer experience.